Boomba is my first mobile game I made for iOS (iPad, iPhone and iPod touch).
- Goal: It’s a physics game where you should bring a time-bomb to touch the ground before it explodes.
- How to Play: The only action you can take during playing is to touch the grey bricks and make them disappear.
! It’s worth mentioning that the bomb is also speed-sensitive, i.e. if it moves very fast it might expode. So the payer should keep an eye on the indicator on the top right of the screen. This mini game consists of only ten levels, which are not really easy to solve. The previous video introduces the solution for all levels – for guys who told me “there is no solution” ^^
Get it and have Fun!
Your rating or your review could be helpful to support such free apps ;-)
I’m currently working on a full version with more levels.
Here comes a small game for iOS “BugArena” made by me to the world.
- Goal of the game: get the maximum of points and master the game by smashing the most of the green bugs and avoiding the red ones.
- Instructions: touch the green bugs to get more points and go to the next level. Don’t miss the multicolorful bonus flowers which can help you.
This mobile game has three playmodes:
- Single play: play freely with no limitation of time. The only thing which can end the game is the loss of all of your life points.
- One minute: you have one minute to get the maximum of points and try not to lose any life points. The rest of your life points gives you bonus points at the end of the game. Game is over when the time ends or if you lose all of your life points.
- Two player: this mode consists of two playfields, where every player should smash bugs having the same color as his field. If a player touches a bug with a different color than his field, the playfield remains smaller. This game ends when of the player reachs the max of the points or if of one of the playfields becomes very small.
The game offers: 40 achievments to unlock / 5 generations of Bugs.
Through the game, the player discovers 13 bonus balls with different options a.o. freeze the bugs, neutralize bad bugs, slow down the bugs, multiply the points…
Just Get the game
Here are some PromoCode for visitors of this page:
Please let me know if all the codes are already used.
Note: To redeem a code on an iDevice, open the appstore > Featured > scroll down, then touch the button “redeem” > Finally Enter the code. The download sould start automatically in background.
There is a lot of things to know before starting with the iOS. The AppStore, the dream of every developer, is the “best” way to publish apps. However this place is not paradise since there is a lot of things to know and to do before getting in there.
What You Pay
There is 3 diffrent programs to develop for Apple:
- iOS developer Program for 99 dollar/year
- Entreprise program for 299 dollar/year
- University program for free. The university free program is only for testing, there is no way to publish apps within it.
The next information is based on the iOS developer Program (the 99 dollar/y program).
With this program you can test your app on your devices (up to 5 test devices are allowed) and you can share your app with up to 100 devices e.g. via email or directly from your server. Testing can be performed on the device simulator available in the Apple SDK but a test on a real device is very recommended for two reasons:
1/ Some functions e.g. the accelerometer and multi-touch cannot be simulated. 2/ Testing the performance of the app on a real device is of importance. But it’s not indispensable at the beginning. If you don’t have a device it’s better to start with a small app/game using the simulator to decide if you want to go on.
Whithin the $99/y membership two technical support incidents are included and every further technical support costs about 50 dollar, available in packs of two for $99 or five for $249.
What You Get
70% of sales revenue (Apps, In-App-Purchases, Advertising, …) and the rest (30%) goes of course to Apple.
For uploading free apps there is (thanks god) no charges. So hosting free apps is free of charges (of course after paying the developer program fees!)
Time is Money
All what I mentioned above is about money, however time is also very important. Before starting you should know how much time do things take within Apple developing programs. I read in several forums comments from people wondering why does the process take long time and they could not find any “official” and clear information about that.
So take time to inform yourself before getting in and losing a lot of time ;-)
I tried to summarize the information I have, if I forgot something or if you have any question please leave a comment or contact me.